Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May's Flower

Lily of the Valley
My birthday is in May so I've always loved this sweet little flower.
Over the years I have collected anything Lily of the Valley...pins,charms,plates,hankies,postcards,glasses,and pictures.



Today Rita surprised me on this rainy day with a vintage Lily of the Valley umbrella for an early birthday present. I was so excited and can't wait to go walking in the rain with my new umbrella. Watch out I might even sing...


At Joyworks we always carry a few Lily of The Valley products for other collectors like me.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

when is your bday? Thanks for the chat tonight. mishelle

Jill said...

Tomorrow the 8th is Jana's birthday, so drop by and give her a big birthday greeting. Happy Birthday Jana!!! I hope your day is a special one and have fun celebrating....

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday, Jana!
I thought of you the other day when I discovered lilies of the valley blooming in a hidden part of my yard! Such lovely little fairy flowers.

And....I recognize one of those.... ;0)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

What a great collection.....I don't even know what my flower of the month is, but I'm going to check it out......I sure hope it's something pink!

Blessings,
Spencer

PS..LOVE your store! We just came for a visit a few weeks ago....it's quite a drive from here.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh, and PS!

Happy Birthday!

sandi said...

I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain,"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" what a wonderfully cute umbrella. Wishing you a bright, sunny and exciting day !

Kay said...

Jana,

Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today. Hope you had a fun day and have a great time tonight celebrating! See you soon . . .

The Vintage Rabbit said...

happy Birthday!!! Love the Lily's of the Valley...wish that I could grow them in Southern Ca.


smiles,
Joy~