Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fun with Spray Paint

I've always wanted to try Krylon's Looking Glass Mirror Like Paint. On the can it says to spray on reverse side of glass for a reflective finish...I was hoping it would kind of be like mercury glass.


It was interesting to work with...not exactly as thick as I had hoped for but still the outcome was pretty fun. One small can retails for $9.00 so I had high expectations.


This dish came out looking like Carnival glass.

I sprayed a glass votive holder.

Not quite like the real thing...but I'm glad I gave it a try.

6 comments:

manon 21 said...

belle ballade sur ton blog!

manon

Linda Q said...

Pretty, you can always do so much with a little paint I say!
Love your ideas Jana!
Linda

Natalie Meester said...

what about spraying it a light silver first here and there and then looking glass paint after it. Just a thought...I've never used it.

If you try it, let me know.

TheCottageGirl said...

I love it. A plain flower vase could really be jazzed up. This could be really interesting during the holidays too! Imagine a round glass light fixture sprayed, inverted over some twinkle lights for a display during halloween as a magical crystal ball.

The Cottage Girl

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I have wanted to try this stuff, but haven't found it around here yet. Not quite mercury glass though, I see.

Anonymous said...

Don't the directions say to apply more coats of paint after the first one dries?