Sunday, September 27, 2009

Girlfriend Weekend

This weekend I went to Whidbey Island, Washington with my friends Cheri and Andy.
It was a beautiful weekend for a little getaway.
We started off by taking a ferry to Port Townsend.

We did a little shopping...I found this cute lampshade idea in a little antique shop.

To our surprise it there was a film festival going on and Cloris Leachman was a special guest...she was very entertaining!

Cheri got a henna tattoo...she's so cool!

The next day we went for a morning hike overlooking Ebey Prairie which was just stunning.







After lunch we decided to go check out the Whidbey Island Kite festival at Camp Casey.


It was so much fun to watch the ballet events which are free-flight performances set to musical accompaniment.

When I was young girl my family went to Fort Casey quite often and this was my dream house.

Many years later...I still think it's pretty wonderful!

We had a very nice time...just the girls!

2 comments:

Sister Patty said...

Hi Jana,

I got a Google Alert about your blog through Annie's in Snohomish (how the heck does that work, anyhow?). I love the image you have as your banner! A long time ago I had an employee who was an artist and she did a pen/ink drawing of the front of Sisters Antiques and colored it in with watercolor. It is so charming... a little dated, but wonderful!

I'm glad to see Joyworks is still around; so many of the great little shops have given up. I haven't been up to Snohomish for a couple of years, but plan to do a "field trip" soon.

Nice blog!

- Patty Green
Sisters Antiques (Issaquah

Linda Q said...

Hi Jana,
Awww I love the Island too, seems like there are so many things over there to do.
Glad you had fun!
Hope to see you at Joyworks soon, I think I need a fix after all this wedding hoopla!
Linda Q