Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Nice Surprise...

for us at Joyworks and for Kelly Rae Roberts and her mom who visited our store today. It was only the second time Kelly Rae had seen her collection in a gift store and the first time for her mom. How fun would that be to be out spending a day shopping and walking into a store and seeing your paintings and products on display.

We have loved carrying the Kelly Rae Collection of wall canvases and products which include bookmarks,charm necklaces, a calendar,a day planner,and greeting cards.

It was so nice to meet her.

On the back of her wonderful prints it reads:
Author and artist Kelly Rae Roberts started her career as a social worker but later decided to follow her heart's passion to become an artist. After ignoring a yearning for art most of her life,Kelly Rae finally put paint onto paper, and she discovered a whole new world. Her dream of pursuing art became a reality and Kelly Rae's work is now collected and cherished worldwide. Her unique look of layered mixed-media includes acrylics,oils,collage, and ink, and her designs are featured in many publications and juried art festivals. Her art expresses honesty and tenderness while remaining lighthearted and colorful, an she hopes it will strike a chord with others. "My hope is that my work invokes a sense of clarity and peace inside of you as you walk your own path in life, and that it insures you to discover your own limitlessness."

5 comments:

Sandi said...

How wonderful !!! You must have been thrilled, so sorry I missed meeting Kellly Rae... she truely is an inspiration to all...Love her art,it speaks to your heart. Such a cute picture of the two of you !

Shell said...

Too Fun Jana! And what a nice surprise indeed!Cute pic of the two of you by the way!!

I'm looking forward to hearing all the details about her visit!

Shell

mimi charmante said...

I don't know her personally but simply adore her! I hope to *adopt* one of her pieces as with all of these boys, I need a little girl (or two). I am waiting to find the piece that speaks to me~
xx

kelly rae said...

oh that was such fun!!! thanks so much for all the kindness - it was such a thrill to actually be with my momma the first time she saw it!!!

warmly,
kelly rae

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Kelly Rae. I would love to visit your store but I live in Arizona. I hope to one day see her stuff here. How nice it must have been for you to meet her and her mom. Have a blessed day.