Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat

We've been busy tonight passing out candy bars. Dean even had to go back to the store and it's only 7:40 pm...it could be that we ran out because he can't seem to stay out of the candy bowl... :)

Meanwhile between kids, I thought I would try to make velvet and fabric pumpkins.
Penny,who works at Joyworks, gave little velvet pumpkins as gifts this week and I thought they were so cool. They were pretty easy to make. I simply cut out a circle,stitched around the edge,cinched it together, filled it with beans, and added a fake stem.
This week I think I'll go to the fabric store and look for more velvet in pretty fall colors and get some real stems.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Your pumpkins look great - very cute! I like how you added the little leaves too.

Jill said...

You beat me to it. I was going to attempt them today after I visit the fabric store. I'll for sure be making my sweater pumpkins to restock the store. Have fun at the apparel show today.

sandi said...

Really CUTE! and you did such a good job !