Monday, January 26, 2009

Display of the Day


I'm always looking for decorating ideas and today at the Seattle Gift Show this booth by J Pedersen delivered. It was beautifully decorated with a European flair using wrought iron furniture, arbors, trellises, cast iron urns, and chandeliers.


I loved how they used old glass paneled doors to make a screen. We have a few hanging around Joyworks and I think we might have to put them together.

I think the idea of covering shelves and walls with vintage paper creates a great look.

4 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Jana,
Thanks for coming by, and for your nice comments about the bird nest tutorial.

Try putting the bird nests in unexpected things too.
I'll have some posts coming up soon with ideas. (just need to get some nests done!) =0)

I love that display you photographed. Can't wait to see how you do it in your store.
This is one of those times i wish i had a bigger store, more room to play.
I too love the idea of doing wallpapered doors etc. as backgrounds. Maybe i can do that, small scale. =0)

Have a wonderful week..
Barbara Jean

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I too am like you, always looking for display inspiration and this is just beautiful!!

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Jana, I saw that room from the escalators to 6 and made a beeline to it!

They really did a great job with the displays... I was inspired by a few things for our upcoming booth at the Farm Chicks show in June. Can't wait to see your interpretation at Joyworks!

delighted heart said...

Great displays! I always love rusted stuff, old paper, and sticks!
Patti