Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jana of the Jungle

Dean and I just got back from deep in the Amazon Jungle. We stayed at a jungle lodge without electricity situated 150 km from Manaus.
MALOCAS JUNGLE LODGE
www.malocas.com

WHAT A GREAT ADVENTURE WE HAD:
I slept in a hammock in the jungle...
Swung from a vine...
Jumped over a waterfall...
Saw a very big spider...6 inches long and furry...
Fished for piranha...ate a piranha...
Looked for alligators at night...
Saw a sloth in a tree...
Made jungle jewelry for all of us...
Learned survival techniques...
Paddled a canoe through the flooded trees...
Ate lots of interesting jungle fruit...
Put my hand on a very large ant nest and had them crawl up my arm...
And much more...

Tomorrow we are off to the beach...it´s time to relax...
Jana

6 comments:

Jill said...

Could this possibly be a April Fool's joke, Jana ? You didn't really do all that ?

Kay said...

Jana, it's so good to hear from you. Glad you survived the jungle - sounds like you had many adventures while you were there! It's great that you are having lots of fun - enjoy the sun and warm weather because it is cold and wet here! Miss you! Can't wait for you to get back!!

Linda Q said...

Glad you made it through all the jungle things, amazing I bet though. You brave souls!
Keep the spiders there please!
Enjoy and safe travels.
Linda

sassytrash said...

Wow! How inspiring--I want to do that!!

Amy said...

Jana,
I am glad you survived the jungle.You are much more of an adventurer than your little sis.How many stars did the place you stay at have? But it does sound like alot of fun, except for the snakes crawling around. Enjoy the beaches and soak up some sun for me. I want you to know I am getting lots of use out of all my new boots since it is still raining and snowing here. We miss you
and can't wait to hear from you soon. Remember our shoe size Ally a 9 and I am a 7 in a half or a 8 if you just happen to be out shoe shopping in the city.Love ya

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

EEk, ants up your arm!?